The LRRSA Yahoogroup has been set up for people interested in industrial railways, narrow gauge railways of less than 3ft6, industrial railway preservation.
The group is open to members of the LRRSA and any other interested people.
All new membership applications will recieve an email giving more details regarding our areas of coverage. Please read this closely as it contains lots more more information.
1) Industrial: Steel mills, logging, construction, coal/iron ore mining, freight yards where operations are confined to that yard, sugar railways and similar. Examples being Bluescope Steel, Pilbara Rail, Manildra, Lahey's Canungra Tramway, South Maitland Railway as well as hundreds of others.
2) Narrow gauge: Anything under 3ft6. Examples would be Victorian narrow gauge, Queensland shire tramways and tourist operations.
3) Preservation: Any museum that has relevance to industrial railway operations or the industries they served and to narrow gauge of less than 3ft6. Examples being the Richmond Vale Railway, Puffing Billy and private projects.
4) Industries: Industry news that may affect rail operations to some extent, whether directly or not. Mining, steel, sugar etc.
5) Research: Trip reports and sightings from the current day, with questions, trip reports and other discussion from former operations.
6) LRRSA News: Meetings, tours, books and news.
7) Photography: Requests for photos, sharing of photos and discussion of same.
8) Industrial Railway Modelling: For those who want to have the industrial world at home.
9) Overseas: Welcome in cases of important breaking industrial railway news or as part of research that takes in operations, locomotives and builders overseas.
Moderator: Brad Peadon
Email: alcogoodwin @ yahoo. com. au(remove spaces)