Act NOW to Save Our Media!

  • AnneEmu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      AVAAZ Petiton to save Australia's Media from "Big Mining" monopoly

      SIGN HERE --> https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_ginas_mining_media/?abQdKcb
      (Via Avaaz)

      Mining magnate Gina Rinehart has just bought a major stake in Fairfax media -- in a bid that could turn The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald into mouthpieces for climate denial to protect her mining interests. But together we can foil her plan.

      Rinehart has already bought Channel Ten's agenda -- and Australia's ownership restrictions need urgent reform to end her latest assault on Fairfax. The media inquiry that Avaaz members helped win is just weeks away from reporting, and provides the government with the crucial chance to act. Communications Minister Stephen Conroy is supportive of stronger ownership limits -- but he needs a community outcry to get the whole government on board.

      Sign the petition to Minister Conroy now to ensure a mogul-free Australian media. When the petition reaches 50,000 signatures, we'll spectacularly deliver the massive message in Canberra.
      SIGN HERE: https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_ginas_mining_media/?abQdKcb

      See also GetUp YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2kMAfJggU&feature=player_embedded#!

      Apparently Gina Rinehart funds "Lord" Muncktons visits to Australia...
      two influential pieces in the mass media mind monopoly jig saw puzzle.