Recommended Scheduling or Automate Download Software

  • Kevin, Natalia, Stacey and Rochelle
    Message 1 of 5 , 19 Mar

      HI All,

      Could anyone recommend a good, free scheduling/automate download software package?

      I am receiving some shows that are now always from the same url address, and on Fridays.

      If I can automate it to get the files and store it into the radio directory, this will save time and will be ready for playing.

      Also if I can also have it move the files already on the PC to an archive folder, and add the date to the file name. If Possible.

      Thanks for your advice.

      Kevin.

    • Gareth Parker

        Message 3 of 5 , 19 Mar
          I'm sure someone has a good idea for one in here.

          If all else fails, you can use a command line programme like wget, and just write a small batch file to download the URL you want then move to the directory you want. You can then schedule the batch file to run from Windows Task Scheduler.

          The batch file can be as simple as:

          A text file with the name 'download.cmd' saved in to a folder such as C:\Scripts

          ########
          CLS
          CD \
          C:
          CD Scripts

          DEL *.mp3

          COPY filename.mp3 D:\Audio /Y

          DEL.*.mp3
          #########

          That's what I do, that way I can also do other stuff, decode, normalise and remove silence etc... using other command line programmes.

          Gav.

          Could anyone recommend a good, free scheduling/automate download software package?

          I am receiving some shows that are now always from the same url address, and on Fridays.

          If I can automate it to get the files and store it into the radio directory, this will save time and will be ready for playing.

          Also if I can also have it move the files already on the PC to an archive folder, and add the date to the file name. If Possible.

          Thanks for your advice.

          Kevin.

          Avast logo

        • John Larsen
          Message 4 of 5 , 19 Mar

            I run alot of batch scripting here and works really well.

            I use the windows scheduler to run the scripts.

            ie I have one that gets the news via ftp (wget) and then copys the file to where my system will play the file.

            I have also written ones for dropbox etc..  (dropbox seems to have issues with windows 10) , this file also uses wget and  download the files in a zip file, then the script unzips  the file and copy's the files to where the system can play them.

            This system works very well for me and most of the shows/programs I get will use script on some kind and this works without issues.

            Johnno

            Message 5 of 5 , 20 Mar

              We have used the 'Free Down Load Manager with great success for some years now.

              http://ccm.net/download/download-66-free-download-manager

              If you have trouble setting it up,   I have a full set up manual I could send you.

              Rob

              Mountainsidefm 88.3