Stream Test

  • Gavin Stephens
    Message 1 of 11 , 25 Mar
      Hi guys,

      Can someone please check to see if my Firewall is open correctly. It should
      be working fine, but the device I'm testing it from externally has problems.

      http://shoutcast.lpfm.nz:8000/listen.pls

      It's just a test feed at 256Kbps. I can not say it'll be glitch free as the
      last hop to the SHOUTcast server is currently on Wi-FI until I get under the
      building and run an ethernet cable over the weekend.

      It's just a large hooks cart playing. I bought a small coax to toslink
      converter from Australia that allows the feed coming from the playout sound
      card to get in to a small VOT133.

      Cheers,
      Gavin.

      ---
    • Chris Mackerell - World FM
      Message 2 of 11 , 25 Mar
        Working ok here at Marahau, Tasman

        Cheers, Chris

        On 2017-03-25 21:10, 'Gavin Stephens' gavin@... [LPFM_Radio]
        Message 3 of 11 , 25 Mar
          Cheers bud. I saw it come up under the SHOUTcast admin. Awesome. The
          Firewalls on Mikrotik's can be complex to setup but I was sure it should be
          working. Thanks for confirming.

          Message 4 of 11 , 25 Mar

            Loud and clear here in AKL

            Email Signature

            Message 5 of 11 , 25 Mar
              Thanks. I've just been for a drive to grab a bite to eat and flicked my phone into 3G not 4G and haven't had a glitch anywhere despite the bitrate.

                Message 7 of 11 , 25 Mar

                  I'm not sure what is causing that. My browser activates the VLC plug-in and runs within the browser. I have the opposite problem, my stream link fires the browser plug-in when I would rather it open VLC externally. This is because I accidentally clicked on the install VLC browser plug-in a while back.

[...]

                  Avast logo

                • Music Radio Service
                  Message 8 of 11 , 25 Mar
                    Sounds fine here in Stockhom, Sweden.

                    On 2017-03-25 21:10, 'Gavin Stephens' gavin@... [LPFM_Radio]
                    wrote:
                    > http://shoutcast.lpfm.nz:8000/ listen.pls

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        LPFM_Radio-digest@yahoogroups. com.au
                        LPFM_Radio-fullfeatured@ yahoogroups.com.au

                    <*> Your use of Yahoo7 Groups is subject to:
                        https://au.docs.yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                  • Chris Diack
                    Message 9 of 11 , 25 Mar
                      Hi Gav...

                      Sounds ok at this end.

                      Chris

                      On 2017-03-25 21:10, 'Gavin Stephens' gavin@... [LPFM_Radio]
                      wrote:
                      > http://shoutcast.lpfm.nz:8000/ listen.pls

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          LPFM_Radio-digest@yahoogroups. com.au
                          LPFM_Radio-fullfeatured@ yahoogroups.com.au

                      <*> Your use of Yahoo7 Groups is subject to:
                          https://au.docs.yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                    • Geoff Barkman
                      Message 10 of 11 , 25 Mar
                        Loud and clear in dunners
                        256k stereo... mp3 audio

                        On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 9:10 PM, 'Gavin Stephens' gavin@... [LPFM_Radio] <LPFM_Radio@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

                        Hi guys,

                        Can someone please check to see if my Firewall is open correctly. It should
                        be working fine, but the device I'm testing it from externally has problems.

                        http://shoutcast.lpfm.nz:8000/ listen.pls

                        It's just a test feed at 256Kbps. I can not say it'll be glitch free as the
                        last hop to the SHOUTcast server is currently on Wi-FI until I get under the
                        building and run an ethernet cable over the weekend.

                        It's just a large hooks cart playing. I bought a small coax to toslink
                        converter from Australia that allows the feed coming from the playout sound
                        card to get in to a small VOT133.

                        Cheers,
                        Gavin.

                        ---

                             Cheers
                        Geoff Barkman
                      • Gareth Parker
                        Message 11 of 11 , 26 Mar

                          Loud and clear here too.  Tried on my iPhone using Safari browser and works no problem.

                          Gareth