336APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN - 2018 ERNEST SCOTT PRIZE
- 16 Nov
Re: Ernest Scott Prize
Emily Scott founded this prize to perpetuate the memory of her husband Emeritus Professor Sir Ernest Scott Knight Bachelor, who was a professor of History at the University of Melbourne for 23 years. The prize commemorates his interest in the development of Australian historical studies.
The Ernest Scott Prize is awarded to original research, which is in the opinion of the examiners the most distinguished contribution to the history of Australia or New Zealand or to the history of colonisation.
The published research work for the Ernest Scott Prize must be:
1. based upon original published research on the history of Australia/New Zealand;
2. have been published during the calendar year prior to the first day of January of the year in which it is to be awarded;
3. applicants must be normally resident in Australia or New Zealand or the respective external territories.
The 2018 judges are Professor Chris Hilliard (University of Sydney) and Associate Professor Lisa Ford (University of New South Wales)
1) Submit an online application form.
2) Mail a copy of the book to each of the two judges. The postal addresses for the judges will be supplied in the confirmation message once you submit, and an email sent by the Awards Officer.
- When sending the publications please attach a cover page to each book stating: publisher, publisher contact name, position, email address, contact phone number, book details, author, date published, ISBN number.
- All entries must be submitted by publishers on behalf of their authors. Publishers (not authors) will receive a confirmation email following their online submission. Please read terms and conditions and ensure authors are aware of requirements.
- Books submitted will not be returned.
ENTRIES CLOSE 31 DECEMBER 2017
To find out more or to apply please visit their webpage : http://arts.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/prizes-and-scholarships/ernest-scott-prizehttp://
Professor Constant Mews
Religious History Association
- << Previous post in topic