Re: getting a crayfish tomorrow and have a question-got him

  • erikaandnewton
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
      I'm o.k. with him eating the plants, its all about making him happy,
      guppies too. he's proving quite useful in getting rid of sickly
      guppies from my frog tank (I move the guppies to him) soon as I get
      the pictures put onto disk (as I have not mastered downloading right
      from my camera) i'll post some.
      Thanks!

      erika-wilmington,de-usa

      --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "melvin

      crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "erikaandnewton"
      > <emcisme@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I actually just took some pictures of him, his former owner wants
      > > know how he's doing. Do I put them in the photos section or just
      > > attach them to my e-mail?
      > > So he doesn't need the light, but he'd like some plkants and they
      > > need the light, 'kay, I'll get him some plants when I go pick up
      > some
      > > guppies for him.
      > > I already covered the openings in the lid of his tank with
      plastic
      > > mesh. the tube will run right through it.
      > >
      > > erika-wilminton,de-usa
      > >

      > > -- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "Enrique
      > Aniceto"
      > > <acocil@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > well, if you have access to a digital camera, take a pic or two
      > and
      > > send it.
      > > > Perhaps I could narrowed it down if I see it.
      > > >
      > > > The ligth is good if you have aquatic plant, which the crayfish
      > > will benefit
      > > > from.
      > > > Airstones are good, but make sure there is no way the crayfish
      > > could climb
      > > > up and exit the tank.

      > > tomorrow and

      > that
      > other
      > > one,
      > > stone?
      > > his
      > ballsy.
      > > He
      > > threat
      > > glass!)

    • regina644
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
        --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "erikaandnewton" <emcisme@...> wrote:

        > Its a ten gallon. The temperature actually got up close to 90
        > yesterday so I opted for putting the tank down stairs. Course that
        > leads to the dilemma of now needing a stand. Why is it every other
        > time, used ten gallon stands are a dime a dozen, now that I need one,
        > there are none to be found?
        > I have a whisper J filter running, do I need to give him an air stone?
        > One web site I saw mentioned full spectrum lighting, is this for his
        > health or to make him look prettier? He's pretty cool, and ballsy. He
        > has no hesitation making a move toward something he sees as a threat
        > (my hand fixing a plant or the dogs on the other side of the glass!)
        > Now to figure out what kind of crayfish I have!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > erika-wilmington,de-usa
        >
        > --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "Enrique Aniceto"
        > <acocil@> wrote:
        > >
        > > No too bad. But, what's the water capacity of your tank?
        > > The more water, the better.
        > > And would it have aeration? an air pump?
        > >
        > > Good luck!
        > >
        > > >From: "erikaandnewton" <emcisme@>
        > > >To: crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au
        > > >Subject: [crayfishworldaccessgroup] getting a crayfish tomorrow
        > and have a
        > > >question
        > > >Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:11:29 -0000
        > > >
        > > >Long story short, I agreed to give a home to a crayfish that is
        > being
        > > >booted out for being a crayfish. I'd like to set the tank up in my
        > > >upstairs room, but in the summer the temperature is close to 80, is
        > > >this too warm for what I'm told is a blue crayfish?
        > > >
        > > >Thanks!
        > > >
        > > >erika,
        > > >wilmington de, usa

        > > Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only
        > on MSN
        > > http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm

        hi i have a orange tip female with babies i can not find any info on how to take care of them can someone help me?