the Hybrid photos

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , 10 Apr 3:13 am
      It would be interesting to see if you could breed them or whether or
      not they become 'mules'. In Australia they bred two varieties of
      cherax (destructor and rotundas i think) together and the off springs
      were all infertile males. The advantage of this was they were good for
      aquaculture because they didn't waist time trying to breed and got
      bigger quicker, they were also more placid than ordinary cherax
    • dewcrayfish
      Message 2 of 2 , 12 Apr 6:50 am
        Both these species max out at about 3-5 inches but they do seem to
        have better coloor variance than a normal rusticus. The hybrids have
        been known to be fertile and have sucessfull generations of offspring
        so a mule is possible. I myself have never got a hybrid to produce
        young in captivity. It will extract eggs but never fertilize them.

        --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "Dave"