Feeding a Gippsland Cray?

  • tripper308au
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2007
      Hi all, am keen in getting suggestions for feeding a cray that i have
      living in my bathtub. Ive had him about a month or so and am pretty
      sure that he's getting bored of carrot, only because it sinks and
      doesnt pollute the water to much. Am looking for a fish tank that i
      can set-up to transfer him into, so suggestions on this also would be
      great. Cheers Matt & "Pinchy".
    • melvin character
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2007
        what up matt,
        got some suggestions for pinchy,get him some barly straw to eat freom a
        fodder store or aquaculture store/farm an that also double's to keep
        the acidity down in the water an prevent algea,
        also get some crayfish pellets from a aquarium store, but from my own
        personal expirience is that the sinking pellets for catfish are great
        for them as its made from water plants,they just love those,an last but
        not least dont give pinchy a hot bath to soak in if you havent got any
        pepper,oregano,lemon juice an butter to put on him after the bath.

        --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "tripper308au"
        <tripper308au@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, am keen in getting suggestions for feeding a cray that i have
        > living in my bathtub. Ive had him about a month or so and am pretty
        > sure that he's getting bored of carrot, only because it sinks and
        > doesnt pollute the water to much. Am looking for a fish tank that i
        > can set-up to transfer him into, so suggestions on this also would be
        > great. Cheers Matt & "Pinchy".

      • Mark Hamilton
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
          Mel, Ta for the info I'll give it a run.  We are a little backward out here in the bush down-under, thus only foreseeing end munch-ability as apposed to longevity.  Seems I'm getting soft..........Notwithstanding my interest in aquarium setup and well........shall we say recipes.  Cheers Matt.

          <tripper308au@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi all, am keen in getting suggestions for feeding a cray that i have
          > living in my bathtub. Ive had him about a month or so and am pretty
          > sure that he's getting bored of carrot, only because it sinks and
          > doesnt pollute the water to much. Am looking for a fish tank that i
          > can set-up to transfer him into, so suggestions on this also would be
          > great. Cheers Matt & "Pinchy".

          Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.

        • melvin character
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
            no problem matt,the longer they live,the larger they get for a bigger
            meal.my serving suggestions work well with fish too,particularly
            catfish,its either that or garlic cray?carrot an lettuce go better
            for fattening him up when its boiled too,an a nice side dish. hahaha
            good luck with your pet pinchy

            --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, Mark Hamilton
            <tripper308au@...> wrote:

            > Mel, Ta for the info I'll give it a run. We are a little backward
            out here in the bush down-under, thus only foreseeing end munch-
            ability as apposed to longevity. Seems I'm getting
            soft..........Notwithstanding my interest in aquarium setup and
            well........shall we say recipes. Cheers Matt.

            > melvin character <klowncollage@...> wrote: what up matt,
            > got some suggestions for pinchy,get him some barly straw to eat
            freom a
            > fodder store or aquaculture store/farm an that also double's to
            keep
            > the acidity down in the water an prevent algea,
            > also get some crayfish pellets from a aquarium store, but from my
            own
            > personal expirience is that the sinking pellets for catfish are
            great
            > for them as its made from water plants,they just love those,an last
            but
            > not least dont give pinchy a hot bath to soak in if you havent got
            any
            > pepper,oregano,lemon juice an butter to put on him after the bath.
            >
            > --- In crayfishworldaccessgroup@yahoogroups.com.au, "tripper308au"
            > <tripper308au@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all, am keen in getting suggestions for feeding a cray that i
            have
            > > living in my bathtub. Ive had him about a month or so and am
            pretty
            > > sure that he's getting bored of carrot, only because it sinks and
            > > doesnt pollute the water to much. Am looking for a fish tank that
            > > can set-up to transfer him into, so suggestions on this also
            would be
            > > great. Cheers Matt & "Pinchy".
            > >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited
            storage. Get it now.

          • bella iqbal
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
              Dear Matt & Pinchy...

              my name is Iqbal. I live in indonesia.

              could you give the picture of your cray?

              please...i wondering to collect many kind cray pictures.

              thanks.

              Iqbal

              tripper308au <tripper308au@...> wrote:
              Hi all, am keen in getting suggestions for feeding a cray that i have
              living in my bathtub. Ive had him about a month or so and am pretty
              sure that he's getting bored of carrot, only because it sinks and
              doesnt pollute the water to much. Am looking for a fish tank that i
              can set-up to transfer him into, so suggestions on this also would be
              great. Cheers Matt & "Pinchy".

              mr.Gobel

              Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here