gippsland crays

  • sebreeves
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
      Hi,
      just some Qs on catching gippsland ctays
      What is the best bait?
      What is the best method?
      what habbitat would i find crays in?
      i will be fishing streams around noojee victoria

      cheer

      Note: all crays caught will be returned to water unharmed
    • Mark Hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
        G'Day,
        The best method to catch our crays are with hoop/drop nets.  I have found that pilchard works a charm to catch them, put a piece or two in an old stocking.  Up around Noojee you shouldnt have a problem at all finding them!!!!! Just try and find a bend in the river or a slower running part drop your pot & away you go.  I normaly catch 1-1.5kg around that area.
        Good Luck.  Cheers, Matt.

        just some Qs on catching gippsland ctays
        What is the best bait?
        What is the best method?
        what habbitat would i find crays in?
        i will be fishing streams around noojee victoria

        cheer

        Note: all crays caught will be returned to water unharmed

        Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter Now.