help with identification

  • deluxe2roxfox
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2008
      greetings all..
      i am wondering if anyone can help with the identification of these baby
      crustaceans i found in my pond. Some kids gave me a bucketful
      of 'yabbies' about a year ago and i tipped them in. A couple of days
      ago i drained the pond to catch the axolotls that i breed in there and
      lo and behold there were baby crayfishy things. Can anyone tell me what
      they are? here is a link to the pix.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/2roxfox/3086235087/
      there are several photos of them in my photostream. I caught about 30
      of the little things last night because i thought the big ones would
      eat them.
      cheers, hope someone can shed some light on the mystery for me.
      jane:)
    • john32au
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2008
        Hi jane they look like baby marron, I am not sure how to tell when
        they are that young if they are the hairy ones or not. I had some
        little ones last year and they looked very simular to the photos. do
        you have any large ones.