38Dianne Lukes signed the climate Pledge. Will you?

  • Dianne Lukes
    Jul 10, 2007
      I just added my name to the Avaaz climate pledge, a commitment to 7 simple steps we can all take to help end the climate crisis. After the Live Earth concerts, hundreds of thousands of people are signing this pledge -- a growing global movement to save ourselves and our planet.

      Please sign it at this link, then ask seven friends to add their names as well:

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/global_climate_movement/tf.php

      Thanks!

      I PLEDGE:

      1.To demand that my country join an international treaty within the next 2 years that cuts global warming pollution by 90% in developed countries and by more than half worldwide in time for the next generation to inherit a healthy earth;

      2.To take personal action to help solve the climate crisis by reducing my own CO2 pollution as much as I can and offsetting the rest to become "carbon neutral;"

      3.To fight for a moratorium on the construction of any new generating facility that burns coal without the capacity to safely trap and store the CO2;

      4.To work for a dramatic increase in the energy efficiency of my home, workplace, school, place of worship, and means of transportation;

      5.To fight for laws and policies that
      expand the use of renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil and coal;

      6.To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests; and,

      7.To buy from businesses and support leaders who share my commitment to solving the climate crisis and building a sustainable, just, and prosperous world for the 21st century.