Please provide your log

  • vk5pas
    Message 1 of 4 , 28 Mar

      Hi all,

      If you go out to activate a park and hand out the VKFF reference number to callers whilst you are operating, please remember that there is an expectation by those calling you that you are going to submit a log for upload to WWFF Logsearch.

      The park hunters can only claim the contact with you, if the activator log has been provided for upload to the Logsearch database.

      These comments exclude hams who are just going out to a park for a bit of fun and who are not taking part in WWFF, and SOTA activators who as it turns out are also in a park, but whom are only conducting a specific SOTA activation.

      These comments are targeted at those quoting VKFF reference numbers during their activation, but who do not provide logs.

      If that is you, there are 2 options:

      1. desist in providing a VKFF number to callers during your activation. Tell the callers you are just there for fun and are not taking part in WWFF.

      OR

      2. do the paperwork, and submit a log.

      I have had a few 'blunt' emails of late asking me to chase up with 2 or 3 activators who have quoted VKFF reference numbers during recent activations, but who have never provided a log.

      I am only too happy to walk new activators through the log process if required. Drop me an email, I am only too happy to help.

      I continue to promote Fast Log Entry (FLE) as a great way to create an ADIF file from your paper log. It is very quick and easy.

      Regards,

      Paul VK5PAS
      VKFF co-ordinator.
      vk5pas@...

    • Peter Watkins
      Message 2 of 4 , 28 Mar
        Hi Paul,

        Thanks for this reminder.

        I have to put my hand and say that I can ben late in submitting my logs to you after activating a park. Usually, this not intended as an oversight but rather it's due to getting time to do so; with work, family, etc.

        So if there are any there waiting on logs, please be patient - I appreciate that people expect these things to be done in a timely manner which I appreciate but unfortunately life sometimes in the way. That said, I will try to get my logs in within the week from today.

        BTW, is FLE available for Mac OS?

        Thanks and best 73 Peter VK3TKK

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

        Message 3 of 4 , 28 Mar
          Hi Peter,

          No problems at all with your logs mate.  I have no problems at all with the regular activators.

          I am sure that most hunters would not disgruntle a few weeks between the activation and when a log is provided.  On the website, I also mention to allow me up to 2 weeks to upload the log.  We all live busy lives and after all this is a hobby.

          The emails I've received of late asking me to chase up logs, relate to a VK3 who went out a few months ago and did a number of activations and quoted the VKFF reference on air and in posts he made on Facebook, but alas no logs have been forthcoming, and no responses to my emails.

          Cheers,

          Paul VK5PAS.
        • Andrew Davis
          Message 4 of 4 , 28 Mar
            At this point, may I point out the ease with which logs can be managed with the aid of a cheap Android tablet computer, loaded with VK Port-a-log, the excellent logging application for Android devices, designed and written by Peter VK3ZPF.

            With my $87 Lenovo tablet purchased from JB Hifi a few months ago, I can log in the field, view and post spots on either Parks N Peaks or Sotawatch or both, and at the end of the activation, I can send my log to Paul in the format he needs, before leaving the park. All done!

            No need for retyping of anything. At home, upload the ADIF file from the tablet into my home pc, import into my station log, all done. And if it's a sota summit as well, upload the activator and chaser (for s2s) CSV files to sotawatch, either on site or from home. Simply a huge timesaver. I no longer log on paper! I thought I would never say that!

            73 Andrew VK1DA VK2UH

            --
            Andrew VK1DA Canberra, VK2UH Yass