VK3 parks added

  • vk5pas
    Message 1 of 13 , 6 Aug 2:01 am
      Hi all,

      I have just finished adding a total of 214 parks for Victoria (VK3) to the on-line WWFF Directory. The parks are predominantly Nature Conservation Reserves spread throughout the State.

      Unfortunately the only way to add the parks, was to add each one manually, so thanks to the patience of the VK3's who knew this list was coming.

      I would like to thank Peter VK3PF who came up with a suitable list, and the contribution of other VK3s Thanks for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated

      I will also post a list of those parks added. And I have also put together a KML file so you can see where the new parks are located.

      73 and happy activating,

      Paul VK5PAS
      VKFF co-ordinator.

    • vk5stu
      Message 2 of 13 , 6 Aug 2:21 am

        Thanks for all your efforts mate.

        Cheers,

        Stu

        VK5STU

        Message 3 of 13 , 6 Aug 2:46 am
          Thanks Paul.

          73
          Ron
          VK3AFW

          Message 4 of 13 , 6 Aug 2:52 pm
            Hi Paul = thanks for your all your work in this.
            Reagards
            VK3ANL Nick

            On 6 August 2017 at 19:01, simmopa@... [wwffaustralia] <wwffaustralia@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

            Hi all,

            I have just finished adding a total of 214 parks for Victoria (VK3) to the on-line WWFF Directory. The parks are predominantly Nature Conservation Reserves spread throughout the State.

            Unfortunately the only way to add the parks, was to add each one manually, so thanks to the patience of the VK3's who knew this list was coming.

            I would like to thank Peter VK3PF who came up with a suitable list, and the contribution of other VK3s Thanks for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated

            I will also post a list of those parks added. And I have also put together a KML file so you can see where the new parks are located.

            73 and happy activating,

            Paul VK5PAS
            VKFF co-ordinator.

          • Andrew Davis
            Message 5 of 13 , 6 Aug 3:15 pm
              Fantastic job, Paul, outstanding work!

              73 Andrew VK1DA VK2UH

              --
              Andrew VK1DA Canberra, VK2UH Yass
            • vk3pf
              Message 6 of 13 , 6 Aug 4:39 pm
              • vk3pf
                Message 7 of 13 , 6 Aug 4:54 pm
                  Hi all,

                  I join the list of people thanking Paul for his efforts on adding these Parks/Reserves and also his ongoing efforts here in VK and internationally with WWFF. These efforts may only be obvious to some when applying for a certificate or when a long list of new references is added - each reference needs lots of details added manually into the database. A big job with 214 references!

                  So a big thank you from me Paul!

                  I also note that the references have been approved overnight. So thanks also to Luciano for approving so many references so quickly.

                  Everyone should note that many/most of these new references are Nature Conservation Reserves. Most have little detail other than a page with little information but at least a map available from the Parks Victoria website. Some have a little detail.

                  Access to most of the new references will be pedestrian access only! Therefore, vehicle based operation within the reference will NOT be possible. Several in the "Golden Triangle" region have tracks transitting the reference, but check the maps in your planning: some tracks may appear to be "inside" the reserve, but may actual be excluded from the reserve boundaries.

                  Check carefully how you might be able to access the reference of interest - some have an access route that is not obvious.

                  I am sure that Allen will update the list of references on Parks N Peaks as soon as he has time. My apologies for the extra work Allen!

                  Thanks also to Peter VK3TKK for his input on this effort of collating a list of references to add in VK3.

                  Regards,

                  Peter VK3PF

                    Message 9 of 13 , 6 Aug 6:49 pm
                      Hi Nick,

                      They are on the Directory listing:

                      Click Directory in the top menu ar wwff.co
                      Then select VKFF in the Programme/SubProg box that will appear.
                      VKFF-2031 through to VKFF-2245 are now all showing as Active, so are OK to activate.

                      If trying to Spot on PnP, use the DX WWFF option, then enter the Reference. Should work OK, but I am not sure if the Kookaburra alert will sound..... As I said, I am sure that Allen will update ASAP.

                      Cheers,

                      Peter VK3PF

                      ---In wwffaustralia@yahoogroups.com.au, <vk3anl@...> wrote :

                      Hi Peter - I can't see those references on the WWFF site yet, so I assume it takes time to percolate through the various systems.

                      73 de VK3ANL
                      Nick

                    • John Eyles
                      Message 10 of 13 , 6 Aug 9:34 pm

                        Hi Paul and all,

                        I want to also add my thanks for all the work that you do for this. I think that your contribution has been just amazing – there is hardly a day goes past that I don’t see reference to you congratulating people or adding parks to the list and thereby encouraging others to join in. I often wonder where you get the time to activate, congratulate, upload logs and then keep the database up to date plus go to work. Well done!

                        In regards to the NSW Parks Service I have great reservations about them listening to anything the public has to say let alone acting on it but if people don’t then we can’t complain. There are lots of things I could say about the NPWS but few of them are complimentary. J

                        John 2YW

                      • waky53
                        Message 11 of 13 , 7 Aug 12:07 am
                          I have sent a spreadsheet on to Claus for possible addition of all the new parks to be added  into Log4OM WWFF award.
                           44
                          Dave VK5PL
                        • Allen
                          Message 12 of 13 , 7 Aug 1:24 am
                            Hi All,

                            Updated ParksNPeaks with the new sites.
                            Ready to go !

                            Great to see so many working to get these sites up in what must be
                            record time. Not just Paul but Peter and Peter as having the list over
                            the weekend made updating today a breaze.

                            cheers

                            Allen
                            VK3ARH

                          • Marc Hillman (VK3OHM)
                            Message 13 of 13 , 7 Aug 1:42 am

                              Do you need to send me an update to parts.csv. So I can produce missing PA_ID?