Scout Activation Today

  • Brett Nicholas
    Message 1 of 5 , 15 Sep
      Hi Everyone,

      I think this is my first post to this group.

      I am taking three Scouts out to Shark Island in Sydney Harbour today for
      the MWRS Flagpole competition.

      All going to plan we will should be active around 00:30. Initially we
      will work the contest around 7.080 but will move up around 7.144 a
      little latter.

      Contest exchange is callsign, signal report and sequence, eg VK2BNN 59001

      Will be QRT by 03:00 UTC to catch the ferry.

      Alert posted.

      73

      Brett Nicholas

      VK2BNN

      ---
    • vk2jdr
      Message 2 of 5 , 15 Sep

        Will listen out for you.

        73

        David

        VK2JDR

      • vk5pas
        Message 3 of 5 , 17 Sep
          Hi Brett,

          I heard you on Saturday whilst I was activating the Horsnell Gully Conservation Park, but your signal was very low down.  I tried calling you a few times with no success.  Next time.  Hope you had a good day.

          73,

          Paul VK5PAS.
        • Brett Nicholas
          Message 4 of 5 , 25 Sep
            Hi Paul,

            Sorry for the very slow response. Thanks for trying.

            The conditions were very hard. Lots of QRN.

            We made a total of 7 contacts including 1 park to park with Gerard VK2JNG/P.

            The three scouts (Cody, Monique & Rory) I had with me did the majority of the operating and the all had fun.

            A belated thanks to all the contacts and for being patient with inexperienced operators.

            I have entered the paper log into fast log and will submit to Paul shortly.

            44 & 73
            Brett Nicholas
            VK2BNN

            Message 5 of 5 , 27 Sep
              Thanks for the log Brett.  All uploaded to WWFF Logsearch.

              Band conditions have been a bit challenging of late.

              73,

              Paul VK5PAS.