VKFF-2175 Pauline Toner Butterfly NCR

  • Nicholas Lock
    Message 1 of 4 , 19 Sep
      Hi folks - I'm hopeful of ducking out to activate VKFF-2175 Pauline Toner Butterfly NCR (1st time activation?) later this morning.
      Should be able to do 40/30/20 SSB [and maybe 80m] and self-spot to ParksnPeaks.

      Assumes access OK and the weather holds up.

      Nillumbik Shire - NS3
    • vk5pas
      Message 2 of 4 , 19 Sep
        Hi Nick,

        Arvo shift for me, so I should be able to work you.  Tony VK3CAB activated the park a few days ago (16th) and made 2 QSOs, so there should be some keen hunters out there wanting a new park.

        Have fun,

        Paul VK5PAS.
      • Nicholas Lock
        Message 3 of 4 , 19 Sep

          Thanks folks - 14 contacts in the log, 40/30/20 SSB.

          This NCR is a small reserve, specifically devoted to protecting the engangered Eltham Copper Butterfly, native to the area. (Thought to have been extinct until rediscovered in 1986.)

          The NCR has easy pedestrian access, and is contiguous with a linear walking & recreation park, Lots of walkers & joggers. The NCR boundary is not marked, but it's fairly obvious which part is definitely in-bounds for WWFF purposes. Signage requests sticking to marked trails, so not possible to find an undisturbed or out-of-sight operating location. I operated just to the side of a trail - it seemed common sense to me, and thankfully no one challenged me. I didn't operate 80m because my antenna would have required me to go a little too far off-track.

          On 20 September 2017 at 08:33, Nicholas Lock <vk3anl@...> wrote:
          Hi folks - I'm hopeful of ducking out to activate VKFF-2175 Pauline Toner Butterfly NCR (1st time activation?) later this morning.
          Should be able to do 40/30/20 SSB [and maybe 80m] and self-spot to ParksnPeaks.

          Assumes access OK and the weather holds up.

          Nillumbik Shire - NS3

        • vk3ohm
          Message 4 of 4 , 19 Sep
            If you are ever in doubt as to park boundaries, you can always use the Google Earth VKFF park boundary overlays. They can be found here http://parksnpeaks.org/ParksnPeaksFiles.php