New procedures and new State/Territory reps

  • vk5pas
    Message 1 of 11 , 17 Oct
      Hi all,

      The WWFF program has been running in Australia since March 2013, so about 4 & 1/2 years. In that time the program has exploded in popularity, with park activators now being heard almost every day of the week (even in the middle of the week).

      I have now issued just a little short of 2,100 VKFF certificates to VK's and other amateurs all around the world during that period.

      Now has come the time that I need a little help to keep the VKFF program afloat, as I am spending a number of hours each day in front of the computer, maintaining the website, issuing awards, and uploading logs. Much to the chagrin of my very understanding wife Marija. This together with a number of other pies I have my fingers in.

      I have now sourced some very good volunteers who are going to assist in the VKFF program, and I thank these individuals very very much. They are as follows:-

      Ian VK1DI.

      Gerard VK2IO.

      Mick VK3GGG.

      Mark VK4SMA.

      Hans VK6XN.

      Jonathan VK7JON.

      Commencing tomorrow (Wednesday 18th October 2017) the above gentlemen will act as State/Territory representatives in the VKFF program. They will be responsible for uploading logs for activations from their respective State/Territory, and also processing/forwarding award applications/certificates for amateurs from their respective State/Territory.

      So, for example, if you activate a park in VK1 (no matter what your call may be), the log will now be forwarded to Ian VK1DI. If you activate a park in VK2, then Gerard VK2IO is your contact, etc, etc.

      If you apply for a VKFF award (excluding OCCFF & the special awards), you will receive the award via the respective State/Territory rep mentioned above.

      Hans VK6XN will also be doing VK8.

      I will continue to upload logs and process awards for VK5's.

      I will also continue in my role as the VKFF National co-ordinator, and thanks to the volunteers mentioned above, I will now be able to focus more on National VKFF issues.

      More info on the new VKFF Team can be found on the WWFF Australia website at.....

      http://www.wwffaustralia.com/vkff-team.html

      I again, thank the gentlemen mentioned above for volunteering their time. It is greatly appreciated.

      Do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.

      73 and '44',

      Paul VK5PAS
      VKFF National co-ordinator.

      vk5pas@...

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 11 , 17 Oct
        Thanks Paul for all the time you have put in and continue to do.

        Thanks to the new State / Territory reps for stepping up to the mark.

        73 Mike VK6MB
      • vk5pas
        Message 3 of 11 , 17 Oct
          Many thanks for your comments Mike.  It's time I took a step back from a few of my duties in the hobby.  I'd love to do my upgrade but I just don't seem to find the time.

          With the highly appreciated assistance of the fellas, I will now have a little bit of free time and perhaps that elusive upgrade.

          Cheers,

          Paul VK5PAS.
        • Robert & Doris Janoska
          Message 4 of 11 , 17 Oct
            Congratulations to all the new "reps".
            You have been doing a great job Paul, about time you got some help mate.
            I appologise in advance if I send my logs to the wrong rep when travelling around Australia...Hi

            73's
            Rob
            VK4AAC

[...]

          • Andrew Davis
            Message 5 of 11 , 17 Oct
              Paul,

              Good move, it was a wonder you managed all of that by yourself. Hopefully the new arrangement goes well.

              In a discussion with locals about the Mundoonen Nature Reserve, it seems I didn't look closely enough at the map and thought the sota summit was within the reserve boundaries. It's not.

              I'll have to delete the log I submitted for that activation. I'll assume I need to request that of Gerard.

              Apologies to all those I worked - about 20 from memory. I'll revisit the park and do it properly some time soon.

              73 Andrew VK1DA VK2UH

              --
              Andrew VK1DA Canberra, VK2UH Yass
            • cdhendry
              Message 6 of 11 , 17 Oct
                Hi Paul, many thanks for all the hard work you have put into the WWFF programme and I'm sure will continue to do. It was your infectious enthusiasm that got me involved as an activator/ chaser.
                Looking forward to dealing with the new State/Territory reps. Thanks for volunteering guys!

                73
                Chris
                VK3PAT
              • jandgandjochem
                Message 7 of 11 , 17 Oct
                  Paul,

                  Great to see that you will get some more time for yourself. Congratulations to all the volunteers.
                  I have only been a VKFF activator/hunter for 5 months and have been amazed by all the work you do Paul and the speedy execution of the same.

                  Many thanks for all that and we hope to hear you soon on 30, 17 and 12m after your upgrade.

                  Gerard VK2JNG
                • vk5pas
                  Message 8 of 11 , 17 Oct
                    Hi Andrew,

                    If you go to wwff.co and place a post in the Forums area.

                    Go to Log Corrections in the WWFF HelpDesk area, and request that the log b deleted.  Andrew in the UK will fix up.  We here in VK cannot delete logs.

                    Cheers,

                    Paul VK5PAS.
                  • Andrew Davis

                      Message 10 of 11 , 18 Oct
                        Mike beally@... [wwffaustralia] wrote:
                        > Thanks Paul for all the time you have put in and continue to do.
                        >
                        > Thanks to the new State / Territory reps for stepping up to the mark.
                        >
                        > 73 Mike VK6MB

                        Ditto
                        Liz VK2XSE
                      • Liz VK2XSE
                        Message 11 of 11 , 18 Oct
                          simmopa@... [wwffaustralia] wrote:
                          > Many thanks for your comments Mike. It's time I took a step back from a
                          few of my duties in the hobby. I'd love to do my upgrade but I just
                          don't seem to find the time.

                          > With the highly appreciated assistance of the fellas, I will now have a
                          > little bit of free time and perhaps that elusive upgrade.
                          >

                          > Cheers,
                          >

                          > Paul VK5PAS.

                          Happy to assess you

                          :)