Results of the 2017 VKFF Team Championship

  • vk5pas
    Message 1 of 8 , 1 Nov 6:19 pm
      Hi all,

      I have now received all of the logs for the 2017 VKFF Team Championship.

      All amateurs who took part as activators have now received a participation certificate via email.

      The winners are as follows:-

      FOUNDATION section.
      'Team Onka' comprising Mike VK5FMWW & Larry VK5FLHR.
      They will receive a $50.00 voucher kindly donated by Pages of Cobram & a winners certificate each.

      QRP section.
      'Special K's' comprising Les VK5KLV & Peter VK5KPR.
      They will receive a WSPR Lite kindly donated by SOTABEAMS & a winners certificate each.

      2 ops/single tx/40 & 80m/wire antenna/100 w or less.
      'The Walkie Talkies' comprising Marija VK5FMAZ & Paul VK5PAS.
      They will receive a glass etched trophy & a winners certificate each.

      Overall winners.
      'The Walkie Talkies' comprising Marija VK5FMAZ & Paul VK5PAS.
      They will receive a glass etched trophy & a winners certificate each.

      Thanks to everyone who took part in the event. The following teams took part:-

      • ‘Special K’s’ comprising of Les VK5KLV and Peter VK5KPR.

      • 'The VK4WIPeouts' comprising Mark VK4SMA and Murray VK4MWB.

      • 'Team Kookaburra' comprising Mick VK3GGG and Tony VK3XV.

      • ''Team Onka" comprising Mike VK5FMWW and Larry VK5FLHR.
      • ‘The Walkie Talkies’ comprising Paul VK5PAS and Marija VK5FMAZ.

      • "Penguin Pirates" comprising Hans VK6XN and Phil VK6ADF.

      • "The 2 Robbies" comprising Rob VK4AAC and Rob VK4FFAB.

      And many thanks to all the sponsors of the event - SOTABEAMS, Pages of Cobram, and those who donated some $$$ Your involvement is greatly appreciated.

      Next year's event will be held on Sunday 21st October 2018. There will be some changes to the event, making it fairer for the VK6 activators.

      73 and '44',

      Paul VK5PAS

      VKFF National co-ordinator

    • vk3ggg
      Message 2 of 8 , 1 Nov 7:17 pm
        Well done to all the teams for taking part in this event, and congratulations to the winners of each section.
        Hope all enjoyed the day.
        Thanks Paul for the participation certificate.
        73 & 44
        Mick vk3ggg/vk3pmg
      • Peter Fraser
        Message 3 of 8 , 2 Nov 12:36 am
          Congratulations to all who participated this year.

          Unfortunately this event has clashed with JOTA last year and this year.
          Next year's event will also clash with JOTA and this will again see me, and possibly others, not participate.

          Cheers
          Peter VK3ZPF

          Message 4 of 8 , 2 Nov 1:48 am
            Hi Peter,

            Unfortunately the amateur radio calendar is so full, there is virtually no weekend when there is not an event on.  I had to reschedule the upcoming VK5 anniversary weekend 3 times due to other events.

            73,

            Paul VK5PAS.
          • vk5pas
            Message 5 of 8 , 2 Nov 1:49 am
              Thanks for taking part again Mick with Tony as Team Kookaburra.

              73,

              Paul VK5PAS
            • vk4sma@optusnet.com.au
              Message 6 of 8 , 2 Nov 2:46 am
                Well done to all involved, and thanks to Paul for organizing it. Congrats to the winners (we'll give you a run for your money next year....hopefully)

                I'm not a competition guy and this was my first radio competition of any type. I had a ball, great weather, good company, and a day in the outdoors. We are already planning for the next one!

                Cheers

                Mark VK4SMA
              • Peter Fraser
                Message 7 of 8 , 2 Nov 3:37 am
                  Hi Paul

                  You are right and for a long time the third full weekend in October was kept clear of contests so that JOTA was the dominant on-air activity.

                  Unfortunately that has now changed with the Worked All Germany contest and other smaller contest coming in.

                  Is 2018 championship 0000- 2359 UTC?

                  73
                  Peter VK3ZPF

                  On 2/11/2017 7:48 PM, simmopa@... [wwffaustralia] wrote:

                  Hi Peter,

                  Unfortunately the amateur radio calendar is so full, there is virtually no weekend when there is not an event on.  I had to reschedule the upcoming VK5 anniversary weekend 3 times due to other events.

                  73,

                  Paul VK5PAS.

                • Robert & Doris Janoska
                  Message 8 of 8 , 2 Nov 3:22 pm
                    Congrats to all the winners, well done VK5, and to all the participants, hope you had as much fun as Rob and I, I think we spent more time laughing than on the radio, a great day.
                    Thanks Paul for your efforts in organising this event.
                    Cheers all
                    Rob
                    VK4AAC
                    Team "The 2 Robbies"